Over the years, TCCL has been fortunate to receive funds from a number of fundraisers and we are grateful to each and every one of you.
Below are just a few of the wonderful donations we've received over the last few years:
- Ross Day ran a Marathon for TCCL
- Rory Napier completed the ETAPE Caledonian
- St Andrews University Students hosted Oktoberfest
- Abertay University fundraiser for TCCL
- Pam from "This Little Piggy" asked for donations for TCCL at her "special birthday!"
Are you inspired by what you've seen and want to host your own fundraiser? We've compiled some fundraising ideas to get you started:
- Organise a sponsored walk: Rachael Day climbed Ben Nevis and the Kineff Reelers toured the Angus Glens for TCCL
- Host a special evening: From Chocolate evenings, to pamper parties, our fundraisers are always trying new ideas to raise cash for TCCL
- Organise a ceilidh: a great way to celebrate Scottish culture and dance night the night away. Keep ticket prices reasonable, ask for donations for stovies and organise a raffle!
St Andrews Oktoberfest
The students of St Andrews University Oktoberfest committee held their 2010 event in aid of TCCL. It was a great success and at this event they raised £11,000 for us.
We used this money to re-equip two treatment rooms in the children’s hospital with child friendly dinosaur and hippo beds and medical equipment. The walls were decorated with animal murals and the nurses were given animal medical equipment to work with. Once the room makeovers were complete, we invited the students over to see what we had done with the money that they raised.